Registered Dietician Anna Hamada invites you to try a Zesty Baked Halibut recipe. This nutritious meal is sure to have you feeling satisfied, energized and is part of a balanced diet.
Zesty Baked Halibut
Portion size: 4 oz servings
8 oz fresh halibut* with skin removed. Cut into 2 pieces
2 tbsp light sour cream
1 tsp olive oil
2 tsp fresh lemon juice
zest of fresh lemon (about 2 tsp)
1 tsp chopped fresh chives
1 tsp chopped fresh dill
1/8 tsp white pepper
2 tbsp Panko whole wheat breadcrumbs
lemon juice to taste (about 1 tsp per piece)
Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cover a sheet pan with aluminum.
- Place halibut, skin side down on the pan.
- In a bowl mix the sour cream, olive oil, lemon juice and zest, chives, dill and pepper.
- Divide this mixture in half and coat each of the halibut pieces.
- Top each piece of fish with 1 tbsp of the breadcrumbs.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes or until halibut is done.
- Transfer fish onto a broiler pan and place under broiler to finish cooking. Lightly brown the top of the halibut about 2-3 minutes. Watch carefully so as not to burn.
- Squeeze lemon juice on top if desired.
218 calories, 27 g protein, 12 g CHO, 7 g fat, 1 g sat. fat, 0 g trans fat, 41 mg cholesterol, 87 mg calcium, 88 mg sodium, 560 mg potassium, 131 IU Vitamin A