GET MEALS DURING COVID-19
Grab & Go Meals
To ensure social distancing and avoid congregating per the State of California Stay Home order, the Meals on Wheels OC Lunch Café program for all adults age 60-plus, which normally provides a hot lunch in social settings at local senior and community centers in central and north Orange County, is now providing grab & go frozen meals that can be picked up at the centers.
Registered Lunch Café participants can have a family or friend pick up meals by providing the name and address of the participant. New, unregistered participants may have someone pick up meals as long as that person has the ID for the individual for whom meals are intended.
Meal recipients are given the opportunity to provide a voluntary contribution for meals, and no one will be turned away due to the inability to contribute.
Since our COVID-19 response is rapidly changing, our website should be checked daily after 9 a.m. because times and locations may change.
Traditionally, Home-Delivered Meals on Wheels are intended for homebound older adults age 60-plus who are not able to cook for themselves. During the COVID-19 outbreak, we are working with local cities to deliver frozen meals to the homes of older adults who do not have someone who can pick up meals for them at the senior centers.
Please click the link below to submit an interest inquiry. Submitting the information will not automatically add the individual to the Meals on Wheels program. Once you submit your web inquiry below, a phone call is not necessary — a Meals on Wheels OC or city representative will be in touch.
We deliver Meals on Wheels in the following cities in central, north and west Orange County:
Great Plates Delivered Program
Note: We are experiencing a high volume of applications and calls for this program. New applications will be processed in the order received. Please only submit one application per person. Similarly, voice mails will be returned in the order received. Please leave only one message.
This program is available (as long as government funding is provided), unless extended by the State and County. Seniors may fill out the application below now in order to be contacted when the program opens. Note: if you are a restaurant, click here.
Basic eligibility guidelines include:
- Age 65 years or older; OR
- Age 60-64 with certain high-risk health conditions (see application)
- Must live alone or with one other program-eligible adult.
- Must not currently receive or have received in the past 30 days other federal and state nutrition programs (whether funded in whole or in part), such as CalFresh/SNAP or our Home Delivered Meals (Meals on Wheels) or Congregate Grab & Go frozen meals (these programs are funded in part by the federal Older Americans Act).
- Must receive no more than $74,940 in income for a household of one (1) and $101,460 for a household of two (2), which is 600% of the federal poverty limit.
- Must affirm an inability to prepare of obtain meals.
Other Food Resources
For more options in Orange County, please visit the page linked below.