With your help this past fiscal year, Meals on Wheels OC provided 833,354 meals to 10,296 older adults. Together, look at what we accomplished!
- 581,660 Meals on Wheels were delivered across 20 cities to the homes of 1,265 homebound seniors who also received case management and supportive services.
- 251,694 nutritious lunches were served to over 9,000 older adults who also received the opportunity for social engagement in 23 senior centers.
- 657 volunteers contributed 88,305 hours –
- delivering or serving meals,
- providing friendly visits to lonely seniors, or
- providing leadership through board and council membership.
- 322 clients attended our Adult Day Services programs, enabling them to participate in social activities, and receive care and nutritious meals, while providing 208,325 hours of respite to their family caregivers.
- 124 clients received coordinated care and support across the county, lowering hospitalizations and improving their quality of life and independence.
Meals on wheels OC is proud of the measurable impact our programs and services make in helping older adults live independently in the homes they love. We are equally proud of the immeasurable difference your personal connections make in nurturing the inner “Me” within our program participants, who are wondering as they age, “Who am I now?”
Knowing someone cares helps these older adults adapt to their challenges and feel connected. Your cheerful smiles, deliveries, friendly visits, and thoughtful gifts inspire them to keep becoming someone healthier, happier, and stronger. You see beyond their physical changes and recognize the valuable “Me” that resides within them.
Meals on Wheels OC is grateful to each of you for giving so generously and helping our clients continue to adapt, evolve and become the best of who they are today. Meals on Wheels OC is evolving too; our changes are making us stronger, and your continued support is essential to our success. Let’s work together to make 2020 our most impactful year ever!