Great Plates Delivered by Meals on Wheels Orange County
Thank you for your interest in Great Plates Delivered by Meals on Wheels Orange County. It is a temporary emergency home-delivery meal program in response to the COVID-19 crisis of 2020. It is available for as long as funding is available. It includes three senior meals a day delivered by participating restaurants and caterers. The meals are refrigerated for reheating at the participant’s convenience.
Meals on Wheels OC is the designated local administrator for Central & North Orange County. For South Orange County, click here. The program is funded in part through a grant from the California Office of Emergency Services, as allocated by the Orange County Board of Supervisors and administered by the Office on Aging.
Older adults may fill out the application below in order to be contacted by an assigned meal provider. Please review the eligibility guidelines below before completing the form.
- Age 65 years or older; OR
- Age 60 – 64 AND:
- Asymptomatic but senior is high-risk, as defined by the CDC; OR
- Tested positive for COVID-19 (as documented by a state/local public health official or medical health professional) and does not require hospitalization but needs isolation or quarantine (including those exiting from hospitals); OR
- Was exposed to COVID-19 (as documented by a state/local public health official or medical health professional) and does not require hospitalization but needs isolation or quarantine
- For those who have tested positive for COVID-19 or have been exposed to COVID-19, documentation from a public health official or medical health professional will be requested.
- Must live alone or with one other program-eligible adult.
Must not currently receive or have received in the past 30 days other federal and state nutrition programs, including CalFresh/SNAP or Older Americans Act Home Delivered Meals (Meals on Wheels) or Congregate Grab & Go frozen meals through a senior or community center.
- Must receive no more than $74,940 in income for a household of one (1) and $101,460 for a household of two (2), which is 600% of the federal poverty limit.
Must affirm an inability to prepare of obtain meals.
Applications are subject to verification. A waitlist may apply, pending application processing and availability of restaurant/other meal partners.
If you do not meet the program requirements and are age 60 or more, you may qualify for our other meal programs here.
For those age 59 or younger, please see other meal resources here.
Application to Receive Meals
Important: Stop and exit the application if there is any indication that you are not eligible for the program. See our other meal programs here.
In the questions below, the applicant is the person who will be applying to receive the meals. If you have difficulty completing the application online, please call our enrollment line at (714) 263-1425 between 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. PDT.